torstai 25. huhtikuuta 2019

The Lady V London Peacock Tea Dress





I haven't had a lot of experience on Lady Vintage dresses since last winter when I got my hands on the Hepburn and 40's fishtail dress. This spring I was given the chance to test yet another Lady Vintage dress type, this time the 1950's tea dress.



I was super excited about the tea dress, because I am short (150cm) and mostly need to get many of my dresses shortened. The tea dress is 50's a styled silhouette dress, that has a high boat neck, a sleeveless fitted bodice and a cinched waist. There is also a sash to tie in the back and a full, flared hem, that ends just above the knee. Perfect lenght for a shorter gal like me. 




When I first tried the dress on I was kinda shocked on how short it was compared to the full lenght 50's repro dresses I am used to. The lenght is actually perfect for me, but it was kinda hard to fit my way too long petticoat underneath, so I highly recommend getting a shorter petticoat, if you purchase one of these tea dresses. I took my regular size and the material being 97% cotton/3% elastane, it has a nice little stretch to it that gives comfort and a good fit. The only problem was that my own natural waist was a bit higher than the one on this dress, so I had to lift it up a bit to get a nice working silhouette. I honestly would rsther choose the tea dress over the Hepburn dress because of the perfect lenght and sash, but I fear there might be a huge risk of doing Marilyn Monroe inspired flashing during windy days so I definately recommend using some shorts underneath. 



This dress has a vibrant display of peacocks and flowers, which I love so much. The website information says: "The sage green background is splashed with turquoise feathers as the peacocks perch on trees sprouting with red blossoms and lush leaves." Sounds perfect, doesn't it? These dresses also have pockets, a zipper in the back and are available in sizes 8-22! I will definately be getting myself more of these later on.



Outfit information
Dress: Lady Vintage Peacock tea dress
Cardigan: Emmy Design Peggy Sue in olive green from Dressy.fi
Bangles: Splendette
Shoes: Charlie Stone Roma shoes in mahogany croc from Dressy.fi
Petticoat: Banned from Dressy.fi


This is a Sponsored Product Post. I have not been paid for this post, but the product featured was gifted to me. The content and opinions in this post are honest and my own.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    facebook group? There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate
    your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

    VastaaPoista

Leave a comment